Add to Search Bar
Have you ever wanted to have a search engine available in Firefox’ search bar that isn’t shipped by default, but this site doesn't have the 'glowing' search bar icon to add its search (like e.g. YouTube)? With Add to Search Bar you can add the search functionality of any page to the search box with no effort.
How to use:
- navigate to the search engine
- place the mouse pointer over the search engine’s search box
- press the right mouse button (Mac: press Ctrl and click)
- choose “Add to Search Bar” from the context menu
- Choose Name and Icon and press Ok
You can also watch this screencast that demonstrates how to use the extension.
Some (very few) sites don't work with Add to Search Bar (most notably Google Maps) and there is nothing I can do about it. You can look for an engine on Mycroft. If you can't find one, maybe some is so nice to make a search plugin for you at the MozillaZine forums.